First, I wanted to share a few Thanksgiving pictures I got uploaded today:
 |
| Mom working hard cooking all the food. |
 |
| Nantucket Cranberry Pie that I made from scratch - the recipe is listed here. It was yummy, but I would cut the sugar some if I made it again so that it would be a bit more tart. |
 |
| The star of the day, Chandler Ann |
 |
| Isn't she the cutest?! |
 |
| The Saye Family Thanksgiving |
 |
My handsome hubby!
Okay, now to address the title of this post...I don't know what it is lately, but I have been wanting to create art ALL the time! It all started with the picture below. I bought a canvas, paint, and some brushes and painted for relaxation. I only did a tiny bit at a time when I had a spare moment or two. After a month or so, it was done. I found myself missing that quiet, contemplative time and I decided to start a new project. |

I had seen a few trumeau mirrors and admired them, but they were VERY expensive. I decided that my next project would be to see if I could make one myself and be thrifty about it (we do live on a teacher's salary right now after all, haha.) I turned to google and found
this link to a step-by-step guide. The author's finished product looked wonderful and gave me hope that I could make my own. This project was addictive and I did it all in one weekend instead of spreading it out like I had with the canvas. I was really pleased with the finished product.
I then got extremely busy with school, running our 4H club, and the trouble with all my migraines began. When we were nearing break for Thanksgiving, I starting thinking of what I could do next. I decided that I wanted to make some sort of Christmas wreath for our house and began my search. I stumbled upon something that I absolutely fell in love with at
this blog. It was really fun and easy to make and filled my need for a craft for a few days! :) Here's my finished product:
I thought about making them to sell, but I don't think I'd really have enough time right now. Maybe another year. My next project is a work in progress and I've got my mom hooked too. Here's what we are hoping to
achieve.
Anyone else feeling crafty lately? Any other holiday craft ideas? I'd love to hear them!
Love your blog Miss Maggie!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom